Hu, Qi-Ying1; Richardson, Rachael2; Wise, Andrew2; Burns, Joe1; Druckenbrod, Noah1; Lee, John1; Shi, Fuxin1
1 Decibel Therapeutics, Boston, MA, USA;
2 Bionics Institute, East Melbourne, Australia.
Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities worldwide, however no approved treatment is currently available. Endogenous growth factors are established, successful therapeutic modalities in drug discovery, and while the neurotrophin family of proteins has been extensively studied as potential therapies, including for hearing loss, a systematic study of neurotrophin-3 (NT3) disposition in the inner ear has been lacking.
The presentation will cover the following topics:
- The intratympanic delivery of NT3
- The electrophysiological response after dosing NT3 in a noise induced hearing loss mouse model
- The NT3 disposition in the perilymph
- The NT3 disposition in the cochlear tissue determined by radio-imaging methods
- The pharmacodynamic response in cochlea upon the inner ear dosing of NT3