Nirmal is an Otologist/ Neuro-otologist in Sydney, Australia. He has:
- Founded and is the director of the Kolling Deafness Research Centre, at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney.
- He is an elected Board Member of the International Working Group of Endoscopic Ear Surgery representing Australia/ NZ
- Nirmal is also one of the founding members of the Sydney Endoscopic Ear Surgery (SEES) Research group, Australia’s first dedicated research group on minimally invasive ear surgery techniques.
- Is invited faculty and tutor at Endoscopic Ear Surgery courses and meetings around the world including USA, Italy, Scotland, Japan, Dubai, Kenya and Sharjah
- Committee member for the Indigenous Health Committee for the Royal Australian College of Surgeons.
- Runs regular Indigenous Outreach services to Western NSW.
- Nirmal has presented at 66 National or international meetings, written 51 journal articles and 5 book chapters in major ENT Text books.
- He has performed over 600 endoscopic ear surgeries.